Problem Floating Objects

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
DanMan
Jr. Propeller Head

Problem Floating Objects

Post by DanMan »

I'm experiencing an odd formatting/style issue. When I float a text box or image to the left, ordered and unordered lists refuse to wrap around the floating object. The text in the lists wrap, but the numbers or bullets do not; they remain where they were with the box or image sitting on top of them. The formatting is messed up in both the WYSIWYG and any targets that I select.

I've played around with both text box and list styles in every way I can think of. The code looks okay. Am I missing something obvious (or not so obvious), or have I run into a bug? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Problem Floating Objects

Post by LTinker68 »

I think it's already been reported, but you should submit a bug report as well to http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. If I recall other posts correctly, it's only a problem with floating images to the left and/or specifically floating to the left around a list. If you float to the right there's no problem.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Yep, the bullets/numbers overlap the object floated on the left - it's very bad in PDF outputs, and overlaps to a lesser degree in the help formats.
It's a problem for any 'normal' lists (using ul, ol tags), not autonumber lists.
DanMan
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by DanMan »

Excellent. Thank you.