Changing underscore to bold throughout a paragraph or page?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Changing underscore to bold throughout a paragraph or page?

Post by ccardimon »

I imported a topic and somehow most, if not all, of the bolding came in as underscoring.

I have been fooling around with this on my own, without much joy. Is there a way to highlight, say, a paragraph, and change all the underscored words into bolded words?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Changing underscore to bold throughout a paragraph or page?

Post by LTinker68 »

I'd open the topic in the Internal Text Editor and take a look at the code around the text you want to change. Most likely there's a span class around the text. Look at the name of the class, then go into the stylesheet and change the properties of that class to change it from being underlined to being bold. That's the benefit of using CSS -- you make the changes in the stylesheet and don't have to worry about changing the topics.

NOTE: Depending on what you imported from and how well it did the import, you may see a series of classes that all do the same thing. If that's the case, then you're going to want to use Flare's find-and-replace feature with it set to look in the source code, and change all the additional classes to one basic class. For instance, if you see classes named style1, style2, style3, style4, etc. that all just underline the text, then rename style4 to style1, rename style3 to style1, and so on. Once you get them all to the same class, you can change all that text by changing just that one style in the stylesheet.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Re: Changing underscore to bold throughout a paragraph or page?

Post by ccardimon »

Thanks, Lisa.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia