<![CDATA[ ]]> inserted next to span tags

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
kcann
Propeller Head

<![CDATA[ ]]> inserted next to span tags

Post by kcann »

Hi

I've been very careful with spacing while entering text, but Flare seems to be adding <![CDATA[ ]]> tags after span tags. This is causing extra spaces to appear between words in printed output.

This happens when a space character is outside of the span tag.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

K
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: <![CDATA[ ]]> inserted next to span tags

Post by NorthEast »

Our help seems to get hundreds of these, although I'm not sure about the exact conditions when Flare adds them.

I know if you apply two adjacent tags (e.g. spans, links, etc) to text, then Flare will insert a CDATA space - as one is required in that case.
However, that still doesn't really explain why our help has so many where they're seemingly not required.

If they're a problem, use a find and replace (carefully!) for <![CDATA[ ]]> - don't replace ones in-between tags though.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: <![CDATA[ ]]> inserted next to span tags

Post by LTinker68 »

I think it used to happen a lot if you imported your content and the original content has double spaces next to each other. That's not allowed, per se, in HTML, so Flare would put the CDATA in to simulate the second space. Although why it didn't use the 160 code (non-breaking space) I don't know. That wasn't the only case where you'd get a CDATA, but when I author content directly in Flare then I don't see CDATA appearing nearly as much. Definitely not as much as in earlier versions of Flare.

I think it might happen, too, when you copy-and-paste and the content has extra spaces, but I'm not positive about that one.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.