All htm files are published for Target build.

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
cruitbuck
Propeller Head

All htm files are published for Target build.

Post by cruitbuck »

I have a project that has a Primary Target and several other Targets. When I build one of the "other Targets," all the files are copied to the publish directory instead of only the ones selected (conditions set) for that target? What's this about? Can I stop Flare from copying all files to the publish direcotry.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: All htm files are published for Target build.

Post by doc_guy »

When you say "conditions set" have you applied conditions to the topics in the content explorer? (You can tell, because in the content explorer, the conditionalized topics/folders have colored boxes next to them.)

Have you set the "exclude" conditions in the target settings?

Have you cleaned your build folder? Because you must clean out that folder to get rid of files. Flare doesn't do that when you re-build.

Are you building all your targets in different locations? (You should be.)
Paul Pehrson
My Blog

cruitbuck
Propeller Head

Post by cruitbuck »

Conditions are set to all topic files in the content explorer.
Exclude conditions are set for the target.
Build folder is cleaned out each time I build.
All builds go to different directories on the same server.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buck the Tech Writer
===keep thinking===
Love :flare:
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

When you say 'publish directory', are you actually publishing the targets to a destination folder after they've been built?
If so, are you cleaning out this folder? (If you tick 'Remove stale files' when you publish, Flare should do this).

---

On a different track, I notice a lot of your files and folders have multiple conditions. Although you've set some conditions to exclude, have you set the others to include or are they left blank? Remember that include will override an exclude if there's a conflict; don't tick include unless you explicitly want this behaviour.
cruitbuck
Propeller Head

Post by cruitbuck »

thank you for replying.

What I have noticed: If I create a conditional text file just for the build, only the files related to that build are copied over.

I had lumped ALL my conditions into one conditional text file and "excluded" the conditions I did not want in the targets file.

I'm not sure I'm doing the conditional build thing correctly and couldn't find answers to my questions in the docs....not sure I'm asking the question correctly.

Can I lump all my conditions in one conditional text file (under project organizer) and expect flare to copy only the files related to the contiditional build ?

Make sense?

BobB
Buck the Tech Writer
===keep thinking===
Love :flare: