Unable to import from global project

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
brad friesen
Propeller Head

Unable to import from global project

Post by brad friesen »

I made some changes to some of the images in my global project using SnagIt this morning. I saved a .snag file, and then saved it as a .png. At sometime during this process, both Flare and SnagIt stopped responding, and I had to reboot my machine. Subsequently, I've been unable to import the global project into my project. When I click the Reimport button, a message appears very briefly stating something about the Master.fltoc being excluded, then the Accept Imported Documents dialog box appears, but no files appear in the list.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and found a solution?
Patt
Propeller Head

Re: Unable to import from global project

Post by Patt »

Did you figure out what happened? I have similar case. In one of my projects the import works fine, but in another it doesn't. I get a blank screen for the Accept Imported Documents, inicating that no files were imported. I've looked at everything I can think of that would prevent the files from importing and I can't see any reason. We're getting ready to do new product and I was going to use Global Project linking but now I hesistate.
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

This may be a long shot, but it could be the .png file. I read in another post about someone having trouble with PNGs in a different area, but when they open the PNG in a different image editor and save it, the file works. *shrug*

I've been reading lots of posts lately, so I hope I didn't get information mixed up. At any rate, resaving the PNG in a different image editor won't hurt anything.

Diana
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

To my knowledge, the only problem you could have with a PNG is if it has some transparency in it, and then it's only a problem in that Internet Explorer 6 doesn't support the transparency in the image. I use SnagIt to create PNGs all the time and have never had a problem, but I've never saved anything as a .snag. I'm assuming you didn't try to import that into the project, did you? Flare probably wouldn't recognize it, because it's a proprietary format that isn't supported in HTML or Word/PDF output. Perhaps the .snag format adds something to the file that carries over when it's saved as a PNG and that screwed up the import. You could try deleting just the image file from the master project then recreate the PNG before doing the import. If you can do the import then that should at least tell you if the original PNG file had been corrupted.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.