Flare 5 & 6

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
milewski
Propeller Head

Flare 5 & 6

Post by milewski »

If three people are using Flare 6 and one person is still using Flare 5, what type of issues will the Flare 5 person run into? I need to determine any issues before upgrading.

Thank you
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 5 & 6

Post by RamonS »

The most common issue is that Flare 6 adds pieces to the project that are incompatible with Flare 5. So if you work jointly on projects make sure to have the same version of Flare.
doc_guy
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 5 & 6

Post by doc_guy »

For example, in Flare 6 you have a mobile skin for mobile targets. You also have mobile target files. These won't be recognized by Flare 5; I'm not sure how they will display in Flare v5, but the target certainly won't build.

In Flare 6 you can create properties for a topic that are essentially metadata (keeping track of a topic's status, it's author, etc.) and that information will not be recognized by Flare 5.

I haven't tried opening a Flare 6 project in Flare 5, but I assume there would be issues because Flare 5 probably won't like the structure of the Flare 6 files, because the schema (rules for what is valid in the document) has probably changed to accommodate these new features.
Paul Pehrson
My Blog