Compile error at end of merged webhelp build

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
hans_hatton
Propeller Head

Compile error at end of merged webhelp build

Post by hans_hatton »

I have a master project that pulls in around 30+ subprojects via entries in the master TOC. At the very end of the build I get the message:

Internal error: The 'p' start tag on line 10 does not match the end tag of 'li'. Line 10, position 42.

The error message doesn't tell what file the problem occurred in so I am completely stuck!

I can tell by the sequence of the 'Copying linked target output files...' lines in the build progress output that the subprojects are being generated in the sequence in which they have been embedded in the master TOC. The above error message appears AFTER the last subproject has been processed, so I have no idea where the offending topic file could be.

Any suggestions on how to hunt down the problem file?

Thanks
Hans
Hans Hatton
Senior Technical Writer
Pronto Software
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Compile error at end of merged webhelp build

Post by NorthEast »

I guess your first task is to find what project the file is in.

If the build log for the merged project doesn't give any clues, then I guess try and build each sub-project, and also the master project if it contains topics (without the merged projects though, use a copy of the TOC and delete them).
This is pretty tedious job with 30 projects, but if you have Flare 6 you can set up a batch target.

The error itself sounds like a bad (X)HTML tag in a file; which should be easy to find once you know what project it's in.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Compile error at end of merged webhelp build

Post by LTinker68 »

From the error, I have a feeling you might have a paragraph tag as a child of a line item tag and someone inadvertently deleted the end </li> tag, so the code block ends with </p> when it should end with </p></li>. Once you've narrowed down the project and built it separately, it should indicate which file has the problem.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.