Replace local style: nothing happens?

This Forum is for General Issues about Analyzer
Centauri27
Sr. Propeller Head

Replace local style: nothing happens?

Post by Centauri27 »

In Analyzer, the "Replace Local Style Suggestions" pane lists the topics that contain inline formatting that can be replaced by styles. For my project, it has flagged many topics with "tr" showing in the Selector column, but the Properties column is blank. Analyzer appears to be flagging specific table rows in my topics, but oddly, only some of the rows are flagged (for example, a table has 5 rows, but only four are flagged). I decide to let Analyzer apply the "tr" changes to several of the topics. But when it's done, I can see no differences (at least in the GUI editor). Even more odd, the same table rows in the same topics still get flagged, even after refreshing the "Replace Local Style Suggestions" pane. I try a second time and the same table rows are still flagged. At this point, I can't figure out what Analyzer is complaining about.

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this? Is it my topic, table--or is it a bug in Analyzer?

Thanks.
Carl Lum
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Replace local style: nothing happens?

Post by LTinker68 »

Could there perhaps be a space or something else in the opening <tr> tag, so it might see <tr > as being different from <tr> (no space)? It would occur frequently if you copied-and-pasted the same table into other topics to use as a starting point, or if you had a snippet with the table in it that you then inserted into topics and then broke the connection to the snippet file so that you could modify the table in the topic. I do something similar with tables so that I wouldn't have to keep going in and removing extraneous attributes from the table tag that Flare loves to throw in.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Centauri27
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Centauri27 »

I took a closer look and discovered that table rows with this code were not flagged by Analyzer:

Code: Select all

<tr valign="top">
However, table rows with this code were flagged by Analyzer:

Code: Select all

<tr style="height: 0px;" valign="top">
I've discovered that in many of my tables, the first row after the table heading row did not have the "height" style, while the remaining rows did have the "style="height: 0px" applied to it. I have no idea how these got there (maybe RoboHelp remnants?), but this is what Analyzer appears to be complaining about. When I manually remove the "height" attribute from the <tr> tags, the topic is no longer flagged by Analyzer.

Interesting how Analyzer is unable to remove the extraneous "height" attribute. I guess it kept trying to reapply the "<tr>" tag to the rows to no effect, since it was already present.

Carl
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Centauri27 wrote:Interesting how Analyzer is unable to remove the extraneous "height" attribute. I guess it kept trying to reapply the "<tr>" tag to the rows to no effect, since it was already present.
It was saying you have a bunch of topics with tr tags that have an inline style in it and the inline style is the same for all of them, so it was recommending you instead make a tr class with a height set to 0 and apply that tr class to those rows with that inline style in it. It's been awhile since I've used the full Analyzer, so I can't remember if it allows you to create a class and apply it through the interface, or if it just points out the option so you can go back into Flare and make the change yourself.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.