Deleting from Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Deleting from Flare

Post by pdxwordsmith »

When I delete a file from the Content or Project Explorer, Flare goes out to lunch (not just coffee) - even after doing it's dependency check.

(I'm working locally, not over a network....)

Am I the only one who experiences this?
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Deleting from Flare

Post by LTinker68 »

Are you using source control?

Also, I can't remember if the version of Analyzer inside Flare runs when a file is deleted (I think it does to check for [now] broken links), so you might have a corrupted database. You can shut down Flare (or just that project), use Windows Explorer to navigate to where your project is stored, then delete the entire Analyzer folder. When you next open that project in Flare it will automatically recreate the Analyzer folder. Of course, it will then run a scan of your entire project, so the first time it might be a bit delayed. But when it's done with the scan, see if deleting a file still causes that delay.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
pdxwordsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Deleting from Flare

Post by pdxwordsmith »

Thanks. No source control yet (hangs head). Source originally imported from Frame. I tried what you suggested... fingers crossed.
Hanna

Flare 6.1.0, WebHelp, PDF, and Word targets, sometimes import from FM 8.0p277 and 9.0p196
Submit bugs and feature requests here: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx