Auto-numbering in WebHelp output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
kcann
Propeller Head

Auto-numbering in WebHelp output

Post by kcann »

Hi!

Has anyone encountered this problem? When I use auto-number in a paragraph, either for actual numbering or p.Note type paragraphs, the output looks fine for print but the auto-number value does not appear in the WebHelp output, even though I can see it in the XML editor when I use Web Layout.

Thanks very much

Karen
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Auto-numbering in WebHelp output

Post by NorthEast »

It could be that the autonumber is only set for the print medium, so isn't used by the WebHelp.
When you look at the topic in the editor, does the numbering still look ok in the mediums (default) or non-print?

If it's not that, I'd check the HTML in the WebHelp output; i.e. if you right-click and select 'View Source' in the browser, what do the tags look like around the autonumber paragraphs?
kcann
Propeller Head

Post by kcann »

Hello Dave

Yes, the auto-numbering is set in both default and non-print media. I am guessing that the problem has to do with the margin settings, as my project uses an external style sheet with a frame margin of -12 px.

I've attached screen captures to show what's happening.

The auto-numbering seems to work fine in a 'clean' project, although 'offset' seems to have no effect.

Thanks very much!

Karen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kcann
Propeller Head

Post by kcann »

I have figured out that the problem is due to the way the divs are handled in the external style sheet I was given to use.

Thanks!

Karen