removing terms from search results

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
fltii
Propeller Head

removing terms from search results

Post by fltii »

So I have some terms that have changed in the application I am writing the help for, and I have changed the terms in all of the relevant topic files.

But now when you search for one of the old terms (ones that are no longer used), the old search terms still show up.

For example:

I have a page that used to be called "enumeration based searches" and now in our app, we call it "dropdown list searches". The title of the topic page and all the text in the topic has been changed and nowhere in my topic file does it say "enumeration". but when you search for "enumeration", the old title "enumeration based searches" show in the search results window, and when you click on it, it links to the topic that is now titled "dropdown list searches".

how can I remove "enumeration" from the search results?

any solution or acknowledgment that there is no solution will be greatly appreciated. =)

Thanks,

fltii
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: removing terms from search results

Post by NorthEast »

I would guess it's because the topics have their title tag set.
Check the topic properties, and on the Topic Properties tab see if anything is set for Topic Title.

If you have set topic titles, these will be used in search results.
If you leave the title blank, it will use the topic's heading (which sounds like what you want).
fltii
Propeller Head

Re: removing terms from search results

Post by fltii »

that worked, thank you