Limit on Number of Conditional Text Types?

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
kellyhouser
Jr. Propeller Head

Limit on Number of Conditional Text Types?

Post by kellyhouser »

Greetings!

Is there a limit on the number of conditional text types Flare will allow?

My project is setup with 2 types of conditional text. When I attempted to add a third, the output appeared as if the stylesheet had disappeared. I am confused as to why adding a conditional text type would affect my output at all.

Can anyone help me?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Limit on Number of Conditional Text Types?

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't believe there's any limit to the number of conditional tags you can create, although at some point too many just becomes unmanageable.

Did you accidentally apply the condition tag to the stylesheet file? Did you create a new target specifically for that conditional tag, and if so, is it pointing to the correct stylesheet? I'm assuming you mean that your output doesn't appear stylized as if there were no stylesheet reference, not that the stylesheet file itself disappeared from the Content Explorer pane.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
kellyhouser
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kellyhouser »

LTinker68 wrote:I don't believe there's any limit to the number of conditional tags you can create, although at some point too many just becomes unmanageable.

Did you accidentally apply the condition tag to the stylesheet file? Did you create a new target specifically for that conditional tag, and if so, is it pointing to the correct stylesheet? I'm assuming you mean that your output doesn't appear stylized as if there were no stylesheet reference, not that the stylesheet file itself disappeared from the Content Explorer pane.
The conditional tag is not applied to the style sheet and the style sheet is visible in the Content Explorer. The text of the PDF just appears unstylized.

I created a target specifically for the third conditional tag...not sure what is happening :(
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Could you temporarily switch one of your other, existing targets to use the new conditional tag and build the output and see how that looks? My guess is that there's probably something off in the new target and it just seems to be related to the conditional tag because you made that tag at the same time as the target. So if the new conditional tag works fine with the existing target, then it's probably something in the new target and nothing to do with the conditional tag.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
kellyhouser
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kellyhouser »

LTinker68 wrote:Could you temporarily switch one of your other, existing targets to use the new conditional tag and build the output and see how that looks? My guess is that there's probably something off in the new target and it just seems to be related to the conditional tag because you made that tag at the same time as the target. So if the new conditional tag works fine with the existing target, then it's probably something in the new target and nothing to do with the conditional tag.
Thanks. I'll try that.