In TOC, move several entries at one time?

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

In TOC, move several entries at one time?

Post by Phlawm53 »

For Flare 6, has anyone figured out a good way to simultaneously indent multiple Flare TOC entries at the same time?

I'm in the process of converting a bunch of Word documents. When I import the Word doc, the TOC places all entries at the same "top" level (despite my having selectively applied Word's various "Heading n" styles throughout the Word doc). So far, so good.

In Flare, I can select a group of multiple same-level, consecutive TOC entries, but when I try to use either the TOC panel's right-arrow icon or mouse drag-and-drop to indent a group of consecutive Flare TOC entries, Flare only indents the topmost entry in the selected group. Pah!

This is more of annoyance than anything else. I'm normally good with tools, but can't figure out a "trick" that will enable me to structure the project's TOC other than one entry at a time. If I can, it'll save me a bit of time over the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone by chance figured out a way to do this?

How about keyboard shortcuts for indenting even single TOC entries? I've looked in the help and experimented with the keyboard's TAB and ARROW keys, but they don't seem to work…(?)

Cheers & thanks,
Riley
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: In TOC, move several entries at one time?

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't know of a way, but if I were moving a lot I'd probably just re-add them to the TOC under the book I want them to appear under. So in the Content Explorer, turn on the Show Files icon which will split the Content Explorer into a type of folder view like you'd see in Windows Explorer. You can then select multiple files and drag them over to the TOC. Drag them near a book and you'll see arrows appear that indicate if the topics will be inserted at the same level (left arrow) or under the book (down arrow). Then delete the entries from where they initially appeared in the TOC.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.