System.OutOfMemoryException

This Forum is for all Mimic issues related to Mimic's various output types.
JasonSTI
Sr. Propeller Head

System.OutOfMemoryException

Post by JasonSTI »

I'm having an issue when building Flash files on my new computer. It is Windows 7, 32-bit, 2.8GHz P4 w/ 2GB memory. I'm not running Aero. I have a request in for a Core 2 Duo or better, but this is what I have to use currently. Some Mimic videos will build once or twice, especially if they are less than about 90 seconds long. Longer ones, or if I try to build multiple smaller ones, is running my system out of memory.

This movie is 2:50, and contains 17 frames. They are all a simple combination of text boxes and images. No audio (though that is the next step), no motion, only four buttons in the entire video.

The message is "Internal error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown." This is using Mimic V4.

Any idea what the issue is with this? Any tips for memory conservation in Mimic (which can easily push 1GB memory usage when building)?
JasonSTI
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: System.OutOfMemoryException

Post by JasonSTI »

Strangely enough, running this in command line mode uses MORE memory (tops out at 1.4GB), but does finish. I'm confused...

Oh well, its working. Kinda.
JasonSTI
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: System.OutOfMemoryException

Post by JasonSTI »

According to MadCap support, this is caused by images being pasted into the project rather than inserted from a file. I have replaced all of them, and the memory usage has gone down dramatically. I am not getting a System.OutOfMemoryException message, but the video is never finishing compiling (I let it run overnight to test). Very frustrating.