"Format auto-number commands can not be converted"

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
TechnicalDisaster
Propeller Head

"Format auto-number commands can not be converted"

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

When I attempt to build a Word or FrameMaker target I receive the following error:
Warning: Format auto-number commands can not be converted in FrameMaker output. Formatting of autonumbers should be done through the mc-auto-number-class. See the help for more information.
: The given path's format is not supported.
I have reviewed my entire stylesheet, and all of my autonumber formats are inside the mc-auto-number class. Where else do I need to be looking?

Thanks for any help!
MAD Certified Version 6
Flare 7.1
TechnicalDisaster
Propeller Head

Re: "Format auto-number commands can not be converted"

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

Also need to add:

Content is coming from a FrameMaker import. Frame 7.2 to Flare 6.1 on a Windows 7 PC.

Sorry I didn't specify in the previous message.
MAD Certified Version 6
Flare 7.1
hillaryfay
Propeller Head

Post by hillaryfay »

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem.
tschüss!
Nick A
Propeller Head

Post by Nick A »

"The given path's format is not supported" can be caused if Flare is trying to generate a file name that includes an illegal character, typically a colon. This can occur if a Flare variable includes a : in its definition, and that variable is then being used in the construction of the output file name in the target's Output File field.

A similar build error, something like "Build Failed: ... Path name is incomplete", occurs if the output file name attempts to include other illegal characters such as \ or /.