New CSH with imported project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
heffevuna
Propeller Head

New CSH with imported project

Post by heffevuna »

I'm creating HTMLHelp and I imported a legacy RoboHelp project that I've been working with for years. I've gone through and cleaned up the code and am ready to start compiling, but I have a question about CSH.

Since the software program that the help system is for has been completely rewritten this time around, I have a whole new set of ID numbers for Context Sensitive Help from the developer. I'd like to scrap all former CSH controls that are in the imported project and start fresh, but I don't want to mess anything up. Can I simply delete the imported .h header files? Also can I delete the alias file and start over? Or is it better to remove everything manually using the Alias Editor?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

I'm loving Flare! It's complexly elegant. Meaning that it seems complex at first, but the more I use it, the more simple and elegant it proves to be.

Much thanks.
Linda
Madcap Guru
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: New CSH with imported project

Post by Madcap Guru »

Yes you should be able to get rid of those files and create new .h files, The header files have no effect on the CHM itself, so getting rid of them and creating news one will work for you
Rick Ferrell

Former Flare and Robohelp Support
heffevuna
Propeller Head

Re: New CSH with imported project

Post by heffevuna »

Thank you, Rick! That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Since I'm new to Flare, your help is most appreciated.
Linda