Nav elements at top of pane instead of bottom?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Carla
Propeller Head

Nav elements at top of pane instead of bottom?

Post by Carla »

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to position the elements in the navigation pane (TOC, Index, Search, etc.) at the top instead of their default position at the bottom. To be clear, I still do want the lefthand navigation pane; I just want the elements to be placed at the top of it. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Carla on Tue May 10, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Nav elements at top of pane instead of bottom?

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't have Flare open at the moment, but I believe you can control that in the skin.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
heal
Propeller Head

Post by heal »

I have not tried it myself, but I guess that it will work if you open your Flare project, and select Project > the FLSKN file used > WebHelp Setup > Topic Settings (below). Select Show navigation link at top... See image attached (from Flare 7, but I think it is the same for Flare 6).

Try it, but as I said: only a guess what to do :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

The Show navigation link at top option is only for when you open a topic outside the help frameset and want to get the navigation pane to re-appear.

And I was wrong in my earlier post. You can change the location of the whole pane, but not the position of elements inside the pane. At least, not within Flare's interface. There might be a way to do it manually, but it would probably require modifying one of the JavaScript files.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Carla
Propeller Head

Post by Carla »

Yeah, that's the trouble. It moves the entire navigation pane (not just the pane's elements) to the top. Thanks anyway.