WebHelp skin: style to hover/select topic in navigation pane

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
heal
Propeller Head

WebHelp skin: style to hover/select topic in navigation pane

Post by heal »

Hi, I am trying to make some changes to our web help skin FLSKN file in Flare 7, see the attached image how it looks today.
I want to change the style on hovering and selecting a topic in the left navigation pane as follows:
  • Orange #ffa500 background color instead of light grey
  • Black font color on the hyperlink instead of red
Please guide me, I've tried to change in the FLSKN file long enough without progress :( I only managed o change the background color for he whole pane from light grey to white, and to keep the selected color with grey background color (as shown in the image attached).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: WebHelp skin: style to hover/select topic in navigation pane

Post by LTinker68 »

See this KB article --> http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/default_CSH.htm#OUTW1018F

This is a manual modification you have to make every time you build (or once, just before releasing to your users). If you don't like having to do that workaround, submit a feature request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
heal
Propeller Head

Post by heal »

Thank you LTinker68 for your reply! The instruction was very clear to me, but unfortunately it did not work. After changing the color hex codes in the MadCapToc.js file, the hover color for the hyperlink and the background color for the selected TOC entry are still unchanged :?
heal
Propeller Head

Post by heal »

Thank you people for trying to help me! I finally received an answer from the MadCap support saying:
Make sure that the option "Condense Javascript files" is cleared in the Target (Open the Target, select the Performance tab). Then follow the steps from the KB article.

Now I could change the colors for hover and select topic.
cjobrie
Propeller Head

Post by cjobrie »

Thanks! This solved my problem! :o