How to get rid of annoying security message

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
heal
Propeller Head

How to get rid of annoying security message

Post by heal »

Hi, I'm working in Flare V6 and using project linking, in other words, linking to snippets, master page, glossary and more to a master project. (I want to reuse objects instead of having the same things in several projects.)

I get the following security message when I've generated the web help (see screen shot attached):

What shall I do? I don't want the users to have this annoying message... which comes back several times asking the same thing over and over again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How to get rid of annoying security message

Post by RamonS »

When you view the WebHellp from a local drive then enabling the MOTW option will prevent such messages, but MOTW enabled is not a recommended setting when serving WebHelp from a web server. Also, there might be strict security restrictions enabled within IE that may cause this message.
heal
Propeller Head

Post by heal »

Hi again, thank you RamonS for your reply. Sorry, don't know what the MOTW option refers to :?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

In the WebHelp target, on the Basic tab I believe, there is an option that says Mark of the Web (MOTW for short). That option is what he's referring to.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Bill Stevens
Propeller Head

Post by Bill Stevens »

A note of caution when enabling MOTW:

"However, please note that if you have links in your project to non-HTML files (e.g., DOC, PDF, JPG, GIF), those links will not work with MOTW enabled. Therefore, MOTW should not be used unless the links in your project are limited to HTML documents only."

Bill
rob hollinger
Propellus Maximus

Post by rob hollinger »

Assuming you are hosting your webhelp on an SSL server (https).

In V6, if you have anything set to "none" in your skin (aka - Images), you will most likely see this message.
Open the skin in a text editor and do a search for "none".
A workaround would be to create a 1x1 transparent png file and use in place of "none" for images not wanted in the skin.
Rob Hollinger
MadCap Software
heal
Propeller Head

Post by heal »

Thank you Rhollinger :D It is true, the annoying messages started to show after removing the arrows for glossary links (in the FLSKN file). So I will try out to put a single-pixled image there instead, and see if can get rid of this security message.