Cannot insert hyperlink?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Cannot insert hyperlink?

Post by Michael Cohen »

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

I'm working on a Webhelp project based on a project imported by RoboHelp. I cannot seem to insert a hyperlink in the XML Editor. I select the text but the hyperlink toolbar button is grayed out. In fact, the hyperlink button is ALWAYS grayed out. Is there a setting I'm missing?
What condition(s) might cause this button to be disabled?

Thanks.
techwriter31
Propellus Maximus

Re: Cannot insert hyperlink?

Post by techwriter31 »

Total guess here - you might want to open your stylesheet and verify that the "a" style is not included in the list of disabled styles. In Flare, if you have certain styles disabled in your stylesheet, it can disable the associated GUI controls. I just tested it out and disabled this style in my stylesheet, and once disabled, the Hyperlink option was grayed out and disabled from the Insert menu and in the toolbar.

To check:
Open the stylesheet. Click the Options drop-down button at the top of the stylesheet editor and select "Disable Styles..." A Disable Styles dialog should open. Is the "a" style included in the list of Disabled Styles on the left? If it is, click the >> to move it to the All Styles list on the right. Click OK to close the dialog. Go back to your topic and try to insert the hyperlink.
Kellie
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Post by Michael Cohen »

A big DUH for me.

Yes, that's exactly what it was. I inadvertently included the a style in the disabled styles. Don't I feel stupid?

Thanks.
techwriter31
Propellus Maximus

Post by techwriter31 »

Don't worry! I've done the exact same thing, except it was with table styles that I accidentally disabled. :)
Kellie