Adding multiple topics to concepts

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Adding multiple topics to concepts

Post by Ineffable »

Is there a way to assign concepts to a large number of topics? What makes this even more difficult for me is that my topics are located in various locations within a deep folder hierarchy.

Dragging topics to the concepts window can only be done one folder's worth of topics at a time; conversely, concepts can only be added to the topic currently open. There should be an 'Include subfolders'-style command when adding topics from the Context Explorer to concepts when using the Concepts window. Or an entirely new concept linking mechanism.
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Adding multiple topics to concepts

Post by nickatwork »

Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

I can see it working, but my use/application of h1 tags hasn't been consistent. I'm afraid my results could potentially be chaotic. But your advice does send me in the right direction as far as finding a solution.

Thanks!
schultza
Propeller Head

Post by schultza »

Ineffable - I was caught off guard for a LONG time about that pesky H1 behavior as well.

Even though the topic description/heading always appears initially as the H1 style, during the build this can change depending on where the topic appears in your TOC. If the topic is truly a chapter and not indented in the TOC, the title will appear with the H1 style (unless you created and assigned it another H1 style class (for example, we use H1 for most chapters, but have created an H1.NoNumbers class that we use with our Glossary and Index so that "Chapter X" doesn't appear).

If you indent a topic once in the TOC, it will build with the H2 heading (unless you've assigned it another H2 style class). Hope this helps!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

schultza wrote:Even though the topic description/heading always appears initially as the H1 style, during the build this can change depending on where the topic appears in your TOC.
This only happens if the "Use TOC depth for heading levels" option (or however it's worded) is enabled for that target. If it's not enabled, then h1 tags will always be h1, h2 will always be h2, etc., regardless of where the topic appears in the TOC. If it's enabled, then the heading tags will change depending on how deep the topic is in the TOC.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.