Unwanted variable sets in the Variables dialog

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
NigelBennett
Propeller Head

Unwanted variable sets in the Variables dialog

Post by NigelBennett »

Hi.
When I want to insert a variable into a document, the Variable dialog (Ctrl+Shift+V) always includes three variable sets; Heading, MyVariables and System. All the variables I use are located in the MyVariables set, and this set is the only one that can be edited. The default set names given by Flare mean that sorting in either direction leaves MyVariables in the middle, so I always have to move to the MyVariables set before I can select the variable I want. How do I delete/hide the other two sets?
Nigel
Confirmit, Oslo
crdmerge
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Unwanted variable sets in the Variables dialog

Post by crdmerge »

Rename it to an alphabetically superior name, so that it appears above the other two? FirstVariables, AAAVariables, etc.? The other folders are still there, but who cares, since yours is at the top?

It worked for me on Templates.

Good luck,
Leon
Andrew
Propellus Maximus

Re: Unwanted variable sets in the Variables dialog

Post by Andrew »

The only problem with renaming variables is that Flare does not go through and change all the variables you may have already used in your project. So if you've already used variables, if you change the name of the variable group, all the variables you've already used from that group will break. You'll have to do a global Find / Replace in code to fix them (which isn't hard to do).
Flare v6.1 | Capture 4.0.0