Problems linking Flare to SharePoint

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
schultza
Propeller Head

Problems linking Flare to SharePoint

Post by schultza »

We recently purchased Flare, and wanted to take advantage of Source Control. Unfortunately our company's TFS implementation is not finished yet, so our only option right now is to use SharePoint to at least store checkout history and so forth.

However, we have not been able to get this Flare feature to work, and I am looking for some assistance.
QUESTION 1: Do all files really have to be uploaded manually to SharePoint so that I can set up the Mappings from Flare files to SharePoint uploaded files, or is there an easy way to get all of our Flare topics uploaded to SharePoint?

We do have some test topics uploaded to SharePoint. In Flare we then connected to that SharePoint Server. Flare did validate the location and it appears in the SharePoint Explorer View, which leads me to believe communication is at least happening between the two. Though mysteriously there are a LOT of other files listed in the SharePoint Explorer View that are not on the SharePoint site.

QUESTION 2: Why would additional folders/files show up in the SharePoint Explorer View if I can't see them on the SharePoint site?

When I check out a file in SharePoint, and refresh the parent folder in the SharePoint Explorer View, the file does have a new icon indicating it is checked out -- again, this seems to indicate things are sync'd up.

QUESTION 3: If everything appears to be linked, when we check out files in Flare why do they not appear as checked out in SharePoint?

QUESTION 4: Sometimes when we check out files in Flare, we get an error message: "Cannot check out file. Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServerException' was thrown." Has anyone else encountered this or know what it means?

QUESTION 4: If we change files in Flare, why do they not update in Flare? When we syncronize we get a message "Unable to connect to [SharePoint Server location]. Please make sure you have connected to this server in SharePoint Explorer."