Table Trouble - Setting Internal Borders

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Michael Cohen
Propeller Head

Table Trouble - Setting Internal Borders

Post by Michael Cohen »

Somebody posted something similar to this, but I could not decipher the solution, so I'm posting this question.

We have running headers and footers that require a single row table with no borders to display two items at the top of each printed page (chapter and section, respectively). I set the borders to 0 in the table, tr and td styles in my stylesheet and my running headers display perfectly in my PDF output. However, all the REST of the tables in my print output MUST have borders both outside and inside. I tried creating a table style but that feature inexplicably does not allow me to set the inside borders (significant design flaw, in my opinion). Also, I don't fully understand how the pattern feature works; it seems to just get in my way. I've tried every combination of border settings in various styles and classes that I could think of and nothing gets me what I want.

I have wrestled with this problem for two days without a solution and I'm not a complete dunderhead novice; I find Flare's table features to be very confusing and poorly implemented (unlike the rest of this excellent product).

How do I get my running header tables to have no borders but all the rest of my tables to have inside and outside borders in my PDF output? I'm stumped.

Thanks.