HOME button on Mobile skin

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

HOME button on Mobile skin

Post by Ineffable »

I am trying to change the look of the default Home button in the Mobile output. Can I replace it with a custom graphic?

How do I do that?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: HOME button on Mobile skin

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you create a skin and select one of the mobile skins as a starting point? If so, there is an option for the home button, although it's different then how you'd do it for a WebHelp skin. In the mobile skin it looks like it's expecting the button in three pieces -- the left side, the center, and the right side. I haven't played with it at all, so I don't know if you can specify a single graphic for the center and have that work, or if you really have to break your graphic into three pieces and specify each for the appropriate part of the button.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jgoldstein
Propeller Head

Post by jgoldstein »

It's been a long time since the original question. What are people doing to customize the Home button?

I need to change the color of the default button and I have very basic graphic editors at the moment. It would help to have some specs for size for these beasties. Anyone know why this graphic is divided into 3 parts? (is it an issue of displaying the rounded corners)?

Joan G.
Joan Goldstein
Principal Technical Writer
Unidesk Corporation
http://www.unidesk.com
rob hollinger
Propellus Maximus

Post by rob hollinger »

The center is a slice 1px by 30px.
It was designed this way so it could be expanded if the HOME text is changed to something longer (it repeats).

You can take a screen grab of the button and alter its colors if you want to use the original image.
The outside edges are not mandatory.

All the images can be found here:
C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare V7\Flare.app\Resources\WebHelpMobile\Advanced\Skins\Default\Images

button_background_left.png (7x30)
button_background_right.png (7x30)
button_background_center.png (1x30)

The center button measures 30px by 30px in the output.
The left and right sides are 7px by 30px
Rob Hollinger
MadCap Software
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

rhollinger wrote:C:\Program Files\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare V7\Flare.app\Resources\WebHelpMobile\Advanced\Skins\Default\Images
Make sure you make a copy of these images before you change them in case something gets messed up.
jgoldstein
Propeller Head

Post by jgoldstein »

Thanks all. That helps.

Joan G.
Joan Goldstein
Unidesk Corporation
jgoldstein
Propeller Head

Post by jgoldstein »

OK, now that I have the button looking the way I want (more or less), I noticed that the font color for the Home button label changes to a different color when I get to a topic page. I've looked around and don't see a separate setting for this. The font color for the label on the TOC is what I specified. What color setting is used on the home button...is it one of the standard link settings?

thanks much,

Joan
Joan Goldstein
Unidesk Corporation
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

jgoldstein wrote:is it one of the standard link settings?
Yes, I'm pretty sure this falls under the standard <a> link settings for new links/clicked links/hover, etc.
i think you'd have to create a class for this Home link if you don't want it to have the standard settings. or, see this topic - http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 77&t=11115