Mouse trajectory not working. Mouse just sits in middle

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Mouse trajectory not working. Mouse just sits in middle

Post by nickatwork »

Hi all,
Total newb question, I'm starting to play around with Mimic, I've used Capture quite a lot in the past and it doesn't seem to different, but I'm already sturggling to get the mouse moving around.

I'm recording in 'automatic' mode. I've selected all the options when recording. Once I've done the recording, and I preview the clip, all I get is similar to a slideshow. This is what I expect. But the mouse movement isnt recorded, the mouse just jumps from click-point to click-point but doesnt show any 'animation' of the mouse moving across the screen. Is this an additional setting or something? I can see an option to alter the trajectory of the mouse, but surely Mimic can just do this automatically in the same way that Capture does.

Confused.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Mouse trajectory not working. Mouse just sits in middle

Post by SteveS »

One of the things I do is to adjust the timing for each frame, including the mouse movement, as my first edit.

If you open the timelime for the frame you should be able to adjust the mouse movement. Typically I wait till the last 2 or 3 seconds (depending on how far the mouse has to move) before the mouse movement starts to allow the user to read the commentary I write for each frame and give them time to complete the click (or other) event themselves.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Mouse trajectory not working. Mouse just sits in middle

Post by nickatwork »

Yeah I tried that yesterday, changing times etc. I get nothing, the cursor is just sitting in one spot, then it appears in another, there is no movement from one location to the other. I can manually change it in each frame by grabbing the trajectory anchor, but thats not exactly ideal - I want those paths and locations to be tracked and loaded automatically...I cant figure out whats going wrong.