Why does CSH displays correct topic but wrong TOC entry?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the DotNet Help target, and the Dot Net Viewer
Mohinda
Propeller Head

Why does CSH displays correct topic but wrong TOC entry?

Post by Mohinda »

I have problem with context sensitive help. Same control is used in two different places (navigators) in our software. It means there are two different topic IDs for each control. I have assigned the correct identifier to the topic in Alias file.

Pressing F1 displays the correct topic (as there is only one topic) but it links to the wrong entry in the TOC. Where in Flare can I fix this?
Mohinda
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Why does CSH displays correct topic but wrong TOC entry?

Post by RamonS »

Is the same topic linked twice in the ToC? Do you have autosync for the ToC enabled?
Mohinda
Propeller Head

Post by Mohinda »

Yes, same topic is linked twice. Where is TOC Auto-synch in Flare?
Thanks
Mohinda
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

That would be in the skin, see here:
http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... Topics.htm

One option to overcome this is to turn the one topic that you have into a snippet, then create two topics and insert the snippet. That way you still have the same content in both topics and one place to maintain it, but for WebHelp it will be two unrelated topics. And you'd want to assign a different map ID for each topic then and have the app get changed so that it calls the right ID based on context.
As far as I know, the ToC autosync picks up on the first occurrence of the topic link in the ToC. There isn't anything else the script could go by.
Mohinda
Propeller Head

Post by Mohinda »

I checked and found that TOC autosynch is already checked in the skin. I will try using snippet. We are using Dot net help. I assume snippet should work in the Dot Net help.
Thanks
Mohinda