PDF build error

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
heffevuna
Propeller Head

PDF build error

Post by heffevuna »

If I build the PDF target, open it in Adobe and then close the file, THEN try to rebuild, I get the following error message. I have to completely restart Windows in order to build again. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 7 in VMWare Fusion on a Mac.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: PDF build error

Post by lacastle »

sometimes you just have to wait longer after closing the PDF and re-generating it. you could also clear your output folder to fix the problem. i get this problem sometimes, but 99% of the time i don't have to restart windows.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ajturnersurrey »

I get this unless I completely close the pdf reader as well as the document, to get it to let go of the pdf it just had open.

(It's even worse if I e-mail a pdf in my output folder..... I have to shut outlook down completely to make it let go of the pdf before Flare is prepared to build again).

But I've never had to reboot the computer.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

ajturnersurrey wrote:I get this unless I completely close the pdf reader as well as the document, to get it to let go of the pdf it just had open.
Ditto. Same thing might happen with Word output, too, since Word is notorious for not releasing documents after they're closed.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.