Open a browse sequence from a link in a topic

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Jeff Lowe
Propeller Head

Open a browse sequence from a link in a topic

Post by Jeff Lowe »

Hi,
I can create a browse sequence icon in the topic toolbar. Is there a way to open a browse sequence from a link in the body of a topic?

Thanks.
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Open a browse sequence from a link in a topic

Post by lacastle »

I don't think it's possible, but you can submit a feature request here - https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx
You can add the browse sequence accordion bar if you want to be able to open it at anytime, though. it just doesn't look like you can link to it because it is not an standard file format that would open in a user-friendly view.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

As a workaround, you can create a second skin identical to the first, but set the default accordion pane to be the browse sequence. Then the hyperlink in the topic should be appended with the skin name (see the topics in the help on making CSH calls -- there are examples there of how to link to a topic and call a specific skin when you do so). And the target has to be set up to include all skin in the generated output.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Jeff Lowe
Propeller Head

Post by Jeff Lowe »

HI Lisa,
Thanks for your suggested work-around. I got it to work with Internet Ex. but not in Chrome. Plus, I'd like the browse sequence pane to have an open browse sequence tree of topics. Kind of like TOC synchronization. Would you be able to advise me further? Thanks again.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Jeff Lowe wrote:I got it to work with Internet Ex. but not in Chrome.
What do you mean it doesn't work in Chrome? I have Chrome installed but don't generally test it because not many people use it here. However, I haven't heard anyone else mention that it has problems opening the help with a specified skin name in the URL. If you switch that second skin to being the default skin and open the help, does it work in Chrome?

Jeff Lowe wrote:Plus, I'd like the browse sequence pane to have an open browse sequence tree of topics. Kind of like TOC synchronization. Would you be able to advise me further? Thanks again.
I don't use browse sequences, so I never looked into them much. Perhaps someone else can answer this question.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.