SVN-Can't access files after other author worked on project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Cinnamon
Sr. Propeller Head

SVN-Can't access files after other author worked on project

Post by Cinnamon »

Hi folks

I was wondering if anyone can let me know what's may be happening with our Flare 7 and Subversion configuration?

I have an SVN username and have been checking files in and out with no problems. Now another author (Linda) has started working with me on one of the projects. We gave Linda a username for SVN and she checked out a copy and started working on the files and checked in her changes.

When I opened the project, I got all the latest files and the two files Linda had worked on were updated. So far, so good! Then Flare hung. I can open the project, but I can't open any files, access menus - nothing :cry: I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of Flare. Linda can still access the files.

We were wondering if there's a permissions problem between Flare and SVN. Is the problem related to the flprj file showing Linda as the user and that's why I can't open it? Should we be using a common username and not individual ones for each user?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks

Suze
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: SVN-Can't access files after other author worked on project

Post by RamonS »

The project file is a central file that is required. Does Linda have the project file still checked out? If yes, does checking it in solve the issue? If not, then I'm not sure what happens.
The two separate user accounts are definitely how it is supposed to be set up.
Cinnamon
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: SVN-Can't access files after other author worked on project

Post by Cinnamon »

This seems to have been a network issue - slow network.
It still seems strange that the project opened quickly, but the files were stuck.
We'll monitor this and see if it happens again.
Thanks for the reply!

Suze