Disable Search filters for specific Target?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Disable Search filters for specific Target?

Post by nickatwork »

Hi all,
So I have Search filteres set up in my main webhelp output, I'm creating another webhelp output that is nothing to do with the main one. totally separate, only thing they share are a few snippets and stylesheets, for the life of me I can not disable the search filter set that is being used in the main webhelp to stop it from being displayed in this new webhelp.

I only have one search filter set and I just dont want anything being displayed in this new help version. I cant see anywhere in the target settings to disable it, only where I can select a different one. I dont want one at all.

How do I do it?
Thanks,
Nick
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Disable Search filters for specific Target?

Post by lacastle »

Can you just make a new project and import/link to the original stylesheet and snippets? or, can you select the (default) option?
nickatwork
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by nickatwork »

Ah solution found!
Create a new search filter, delete all filters, apply that filter to the target. Nothing shows up.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Unfortunately, I think you've found a bug there.

I can reproduce this; if your project has a search filter set, you can't disable it in the target by selecting (Default), or even by manually editing the target file in a text editor.
dogsma
Propeller Head

Post by dogsma »

Did this ever get solved? I am coming back to creating online help after about 5 years so just catching up, relearning lots.
jcollins
Propeller Head

Post by jcollins »

I just ran into this recently. I have one target that uses search filters and another that does not. I created an empty filter set and selected in the target file for the target that doesn't use filters. I also created separate search skins that don't have an icon specified for the search filter. It's kludgey, but it worked. Now I have one target output with filters and one without from the same source project.