remove "madcap" from mobile home page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
twnad
Jr. Propeller Head

remove "madcap" from mobile home page

Post by twnad »

Is there any way I can remove "madcap" from the top of the mobile home page and replace it with my client's company name?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: remove "madcap" from mobile home page

Post by NorthEast »

The mobile WebHelp output doesn't actually contain a "madcap" title. That toolbar with the battery meter is just an image to represent how it might look on a phone, it's not part of the WebHelp.

Open the Mobile WebHelp output in a browser, and you'll see it's not there.
twnad
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by twnad »

Dave Lee wrote:The mobile WebHelp output doesn't actually contain a "madcap" title. That toolbar with the battery meter is just an image to represent how it might look on a phone, it's not part of the WebHelp.

Well I created a bunch of WebHelp Mobile projects + it's in all of them when I look at them on my iPhone. How do I get rid of it in the actual project?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

twnad wrote:
Dave Lee wrote:The mobile WebHelp output doesn't actually contain a "madcap" title. That toolbar with the battery meter is just an image to represent how it might look on a phone, it's not part of the WebHelp.

Well I created a bunch of WebHelp Mobile projects + it's in all of them when I look at them on my iPhone. How do I get rid of it in the actual project?
If the "madcap" title is in the WebHelp Mobile header toolbar, i.e. the same place where topic titles are displayed; then that's set in the Mobile skin, as the Caption on the General tab.
(However, when you create a new skin, the default caption is "WebHelp Mobile" rather than "madcap".)

I don't have an iPhone, so don't know how the help is displayed. If the "madcap" title isn't in the header toolbar, and is above it - then I'm guessing that title is displayed by the iPhone, and you might have to ask MadCap about where it gets the title from, if it doesn't appear to come from the skin or topic.