Work remotely without network?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
KCinColorado
Propeller Head

Work remotely without network?

Post by KCinColorado »

Does Flare allow you to work remotely with a project that's bound to source control (Visual SourceSafe)? If I don't Check Out All and lose my network from home, I am unable to save all unsaved changes. It keeps asking me to log in to source control but there's no network connection to it. Does Flare support a disconnected mode for source control?
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Work remotely without network?

Post by SteveS »

I think the issue is with VSS rather than Flare. Check with your VSS guru to see if there is a process where you can book files out to a local directory and work on them without needing a network connection. When you have finished, and there is a network connection, you can book them back in. TFS had a collection of tools that took this a step further but I'm not sure what VSS has to offer.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

One way is to work offline and then check in changes without getting latest. That feature is available in Vault, but I assume it is also available in other source control systems. Before you try it, make a local backup of the entire project...just in case.
KCinColorado
Propeller Head

Post by KCinColorado »

Disregard that last question. I guess you are referring to a feature in source control. Sorry.