'Auto-end on left' not working on two files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
SallyD
Propeller Head

'Auto-end on left' not working on two files

Post by SallyD »

My TOC has several files that output to a PDF with multiple chapters and appendices. Two of the files do not seem to be honoring the 'Auto-end on Left' options. Actually, that's not right. The left page is there but it is totally blank; not using the Left page layout. Several other files perform correctly. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Sally
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: 'Auto-end on left' not working on two files

Post by LTinker68 »

I'd open those two topics and make sure you didn't end them with a lot of blank lines or perhaps an h1 tag, especially if you have your h1 tag set to always insert a page break before.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
SallyD
Propeller Head

Post by SallyD »

Thanks for the response, Lisa. One file ends with an image and the other with a para of text.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

SallyD wrote:Two of the files do not seem to be honoring the 'Auto-end on Left' options. Actually, that's not right. The left page is there but it is totally blank; not using the Left page layout.
I missed something before in the above statement... Just to clarify what you're saying... Are you expecting the "auto-end on left" option to actually use the Left page type in the page layout? That empty page uses the Empty page type in the page layout, not the Left page type. So if you have that option enabled then you need to make sure the page layout contains a page of type Empty. You can then insert text that says "This page intentionally left blank" in that Empty page, if you want, and can remove the page number from the footer, etc. Or it can be totally blank, whatever you want.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
wbrisett
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by wbrisett »

I ran into what Lisa mentions in a project recently. It wasn't until talking with the support staff at Madcap that I realized you needed an empty page for the auto-left to work. I certainly didn't see that in the docs I read. So as Lisa mentions, I would certainly look there first.

Wayne
SallyD
Propeller Head

Post by SallyD »

Well, there ya go. My very own AHA moment! :-)

I did think that the system was adding a Left page type. I just went back to the files that did 'work.' Each has an empty element on the final blank page.

Thank you both for your assistance.

Sally