Renaming a Project

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
MinnesotaAndy
Propeller Head

Renaming a Project

Post by MinnesotaAndy »

Thanks for the reply SteveS! I will work on that tomorrow. In the meantime... I've tried to build the KB two times today but keep running into an error while building and publishing. It doesn't complete the build and just says Mimic Compiler Failed Target Not Built, Target Not Published. I know this is a separate issue, but I'm really hoping to resolve this by tomorrow. I will check back tomorrow morning to build again and see if I can consolidate the problem.

Thanks,
-Andy
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Renaming a Project

Post by SteveS »

Topic moved from Flare forum
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
MinnesotaAndy
Propeller Head

Post by MinnesotaAndy »

I've been getting this error 2-3 times a day and it takes 1hr and 9mins to build on average so I happen to waste 3-4 hours per day because of the mimic compiler failing when trying to build in Flare. The error section isn't specific at all as to what is happening. I've saved the logs if that would help, but everytime I open them I can't seem to find any details as to why the mimic compiler failed.

-Andy
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Do you get any more helpful results when you just build the Mimic output on its own?
MinnesotaAndy
Propeller Head

Post by MinnesotaAndy »

I honestly don't know how to do that. I only received 2 days of training, and there are several mimic projects that are built into my Web Help projects. It's a recurring error that I receive, but I've cleaned the project after each failure and it just happens to build 1 out of the 4 times I attempt to build it per day. I guess I'm not entirely sure what you're asking that I try. I apologize I've only been using Flare for a week and I have the 5 steps to Flare book on its way, and I'm hoping to figure this out. Is there any way that this could be an internal error from within Flare 8 since it happens to build sometimes but other times it doesn't?

When building and publishing my projects Flare does tend to hang quite a bit on each of the mimics, and I'm under the impression that Flare rebuilds the mimics that are already built.

Thanks,
Andy
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Do you know where the project files for the Mimic movies are stored? If yes, then start Mimic, browse to the project file and open it, then select in Mimic Movie > Build the output movie. That should do whatever Flare attempts to do and hopefully fail with a bit more info to provide. The UI of Mimic is similar to the one of Flare, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find your way around.
MinnesotaAndy
Propeller Head

Post by MinnesotaAndy »

Should I select a certain mimic movie, becuase it doesn't even let me know which mimic project it fails to compile. I'll try just picking any of them and see if that works. Thanks for all your help!

-Andy
docudramaqueen
Propeller Head

Post by docudramaqueen »

I don't know if you've solved your error problems, or if this is related, but I kept getting similar error messages, including some that indicated a memory failure. After getting a completely new setup with more memory, disc space, and the works, I still got those error messages. After contacting tech support, I sent my project (not nearly as big as yours) to them, and they were able to replicate.

It would appear that Mimic compiles memory useage for as long as it's open, even if you aren't using it. My Task Manager was indicating Mimic using over a gig of memory. You might check that. At some point (sometimes two or three times a day) I had to close Mimic down and reopen it in order to get my projects to compile. The issue was escalated to development and given a bug report number.