Extra paragraph below tables in Word

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Patt
Propeller Head

Extra paragraph below tables in Word

Post by Patt »

I've noticed an interesting problem when I output to Word. There appears to be a blank normal style paragraph below each table. However when I go into Flare and look at the source, there is no blank paragraph.
I'm currently using Flare 8 and I don't recall ever having this problem with earlier versions of Flare. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,
Patt
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Extra paragraph below tables in Word

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you put a caption in the table's properties screen, even if it's just a blank space?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

If your table has been defined with a margin-bottom value > 0 then Flare translates that to an extra line in Word. (been like that for a few versions).
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

wclass wrote:If your table has been defined with a margin-bottom value > 0 then Flare translates that to an extra line in Word. (been like that for a few versions).
Never noticed that, but I guess it makes sense, since there's not a comparable option in Word for spacing after tables.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Patt
Propeller Head

Post by Patt »

Thanks Margaret,
We did make a change to add a margin to the bottom of the table so that there would be a bit more space between the table and the following paragraph. Don't really like that way Word handles it but at least I know why now.
Cheers,
Patt