Word Wrap in TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
jimg
Jr. Propeller Head

Word Wrap in TOC

Post by jimg »

Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem in HTML5 web app where the items in the TOC aren't wrapping properly. Instead, the text is shown below the page icon and doesn't wrap (as shown in the image). Does anyone know how to fix this?
Non-word wrap in TOC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimg
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Word Wrap in TOC

Post by jimg »

Well, I partially solved the problem. I can edit the Styles.css in the output and change the white-space attribute for the tree-node style to "wrap". I can't seem to find a way to set the style through Flare, so I have to edit the Styles.css every time I build the project.

.tree-node
{
white-space: nowrap;
}
mafaulkner
Propeller Head

Post by mafaulkner »

I'm looking for information about wrapping in the TOC also, although I don't have your problem of the icon and text not aligning. I assume it isn't possible to make the text wrap, however, because it doesn't in the TOC for Flare Help!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I came across that recently, too. It's not something that can be done via Flare, I don't think, although I haven't extensively reviewed the skin in v8 to see if it was added. I already modify the Styles.css file in the output for another reason, so it won't be an issue for me to add the word-warp line.

What I do is keep a copy of Styles.css outside of my project, say C:\HelpProjects\ProjectAMods\. I also have a shortcut in that folder that points to the appropriate folder in the HTML5 output folder. My process then is:
  1. Build the HTML5 output.
  2. Go to C:\HelpProjects\ProjectAMods, right-click on Styles.css and select Copy.
  3. Double-click on my shortcut that goes to the C:\HelpProjects\ProjectA\Output\{username}\HTML5\Skins\Default\Stylesheets folder.
  4. Paste my modified Styles.css file over the one just generated.
  5. Go back to Flare and publish my HTML5 output, making sure I tell it not to rebuild since it's now out-of-date with that modified file.
Make sure to submit a feature request at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx asking for the ability to control the wrapping attribute on TOC entries.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
crdmerge2
Propeller Head

Post by crdmerge2 »

Lisa, this might be a bit off-topic, but copying files is quicker and easier using the MS Windows xcopy feature in a batch file. Google "xcopy" to see all the available parameters; my example only uses two of them. If you're only going to be copying a few files, you probably won't need the comment feature (lines 1-3 in the example). We were copying many files to 42 other projects in a merged system, but would comment out selected groups that were not being copied at selected times.

1. Create a file in Notepad (such as CopyStyles.bat).
2. Send a shortcut for it to Desktop.
3. Double click the shortcut as needed (or set up an automated daily process in Task Scheduler).

Code: Select all

goto :comment1
Move, add, or remove comment lines to xcopy only selected files; each pair needs its own number ID (comment1, comment2, comment3, etc.).
:comment1
xcopy C:\HelpProjects\ProjectAMods\Styles.css C:\HelpProjects\ProjectA\Output\{username}\HTML5\Skins\Default\Stylesheets\Styles.css /Y /R
When subsequentially editing the file, just be careful to Edit, not Open, the file. Open actually launches the batch file.

Good luck,
Leon
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Thanks for the info.

Lisa
nisaga
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by nisaga »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this only happening in Internet Explorer 7?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I can confirm it's IE, but I don't remember the flavor. I think it was IE8, not IE7.

(Yes, RamonS, I know, IE sucks, I agree, but I don't have any control over the browser that's used on that system.)

Lisa
patb
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by patb »

I can confirm that this also happens in IE9.

EDIT: After further examination it seems it happens if IE9 is in compatibility mode. ie. if the "Display intranet sites in Compatibility view " setting is selected in IE9.

Also, to follow up on an earlier post in this thread, I checked the Styles.css and the white-space attribute is already set to nowrap.