Splash page for each Book/ Level

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
kordorama
Propeller Head

Splash page for each Book/ Level

Post by kordorama »

One hurdle i'm encountering is the number of clicks I need in order to get to an actual page. I am using mobile help output (due to file size constrictions, I think this is the only output that works).

Currently, my home page is TOC + search (I really wish i could make this an ACTUAL welcome page with info). So the doors I have to go through are: Home >TOC > Books > Content.

Is there any way to display text and hyperlinks at each of these levels (eg: Home page: Welcome to the help, you can find... TOC: the following topics are used.... Each Book: The information contained....)

I am having trouble with the view of the output, in that its easy to get lost and not really know where you are in the help because there is no tree view to reference. Also, breadcrumbs only work at the page level, and only show me where I am in the book, so its almost too shallow to even help... and it really doesn't give a good overview of where in the help you are.
thanks,
Matt