TOC--Unaccounted for entry

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
hljanas
Propeller Head

TOC--Unaccounted for entry

Post by hljanas »

I have an entry in my TOC that does not belong there does not have a link. Basically, it looks like this:

Figure 1
Contact Based Knowledge Sharing.................................................4
Overview................................................................................4

Etc. All of the other headings have links in a PDF output, except for this one. I know it means that there is something, somewhere in the document. I cannot see anything in my topics that might create that. Any suggestions? This is keeping me from printing information for clients.

Thanks!
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: TOC--Unaccounted for entry

Post by Diana_BB »

What style is that entry using? I would start there.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Check your PDF target, too. There are a couple of options on a couple of different tabs that might result in that entry appearing. Specifically, check the Advanced and PDF Options tabs in the target.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
hljanas
Propeller Head

Post by hljanas »

It is a custom heading based off of h6. All of my other headings based on this style do not show up in the TOC.

Thanks.
Last edited by hljanas on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

Is this instance of the heading at a different level in the TOC? I'm wondering if the subheading is being picked up because it is seen as at a higher level in the TOC hierarchy than the other h6 headings. It's hard to know without seeing more of the TOC.
hljanas
Propeller Head

Post by hljanas »

I don't have rights to upload any kind of documentation, so this is probably tough. The h6 heading is the first entry on the TOC with no page number attached. So yes, it is at a different level in the TOC. The next entry is the h1 heading. The next heading is an h2, with page numbers so on and so forth. I can jump to all of the other headings in the PDF output by clicking on the heading. The "Figure 1" that appears in my heading list goes nowhere. It is like text in the document. I have several instances of this heading in both of the topics that I have included in my PDF output, but there is that singular "Figure 1" heading that shows up in the TOC. This heading also does not show up in the PDF bookmark. Could there be a problem in my topic? There was a point where I was playing around with cross references and bookmarks, could there be some sort of leftover link or connection that I did not break?

Thanks for your help.
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

I think there might be something about using a heading style the way you described. If I understand correctly, you are using it as something other than a subheading, right?

In your CSS file, make sure the h6.class (your custom style) is set so that it doesn't show up in the TOC (in the Print media section). For example:

Code: Select all

h6.NotInTOC
	{
		mc-heading-level: 0;
		page-break-after: avoid;
	}
Diana
hljanas
Propeller Head

Post by hljanas »

Correct. I am using it as an figure number caption to create a cross reference (here is the post from which I am working: http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 10&t=15757). My CSS for the custom style is set to "0" and none of the other headings in that same style appear in the TOC, just the random "Figure 1."
Diana_BB
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Diana_BB »

Try a paragraph style for the figure number (p.Figure instead of h6.Figure--or whatever your style name is and with all the same settings) to see if that works. Using a paragraph style should prevent it from being pulled into the TOC.

Also, in the PDF target PDF Options tab, do you have Include non-TOC bookmarks in the bookmarks pane or Create named destinations for bookmarks checked? (Just wondering, even though only one Figure bookmark seems to be behaving badly.)

Diana