Error: Part URI cannot contain a fragment component

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Error: Part URI cannot contain a fragment component

Post by Msquared »

Thought I'd post this, as it may save another Perforce user from some angst.

I tried to create a review package and got the following error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application etc etc. Part URI cannot contain a fragment component".

Fortunately we have Platinum support so I zipped my project up and sent it to the lovely people at MadCap Support.

The problem was caused by some files with names that included a #, for example, "GLOBAL FullWidthTable#1.css", which was (almost) one of my table stylesheets. Flare always includes all the stylesheets when it generates a review package, whether or not the files being reviewed actually need the stylesheet (this one wasn't used). But Flare really does not like that name!

Seasoned Perforce users will recognise the problem file as being version 1 of a file that is under Perforce control. It wasn't the stylesheet I was actually using, but at some point, I must have retrieved version 1 from Perforce to compare it with my current version, so it was still lying around in my project workspace. Hence Flare tried to include it in the review package.

Perhaps this may help someone. Who knows, one day, it may even help me, when this happens again and I forget how I fixed it. :)
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.