Togglers not working in HTML5 output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Togglers not working in HTML5 output

Post by wclass »

I have just started a new project and created an FAQ page with the questions and answers set up as togglers.
This works fine in the preview mode.

I created an HTML 5 target and generated the help - the togglers do not work (in any browser so far).
I then created a Webhelp target and generated the same topics/TOC - all togglers work nicely in that format.
I tried a "drop-down" and that half works - it opens when you click it and closes up straight away (good for speed readers only).

I have tried to view in IE, Firefox and Chrome, and done clean outputs and the reboot things.

Do I have to do something different for togglers to work in HTML 5? Is there a setting I have missed? I don't want anything fancy like having them start open. I did notice that they work in Flare's own help (by the way, is anyone else getting sick of seeing "If you've got the ribbon do this, if you've got the menu do that ..." - seems to clog up the help topic and make it very difficult to scan for information!).
Could it be a recent Windows upgrade - I'm on Windows 7?

thanks,
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Re: Togglers not working in HTML5 output

Post by i-tietz »

wclass wrote:I tried a "drop-down" and that half works - it opens when you click it and closes up straight away (good for speed readers only).
:wink: Are you sure you click on the dropdownhead once and not twice?
I ask because I cannot reproduce that behaviour. My togglers and dropdowns work fine in HTML 5 ... and I'm on Win 7 with recent updates too ...
Does a new project behave the same way?
Inge____________________________
"I need input! - Have you got input?"
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Togglers not working in HTML5 output

Post by wclass »

Problem solved but I'm not sure how it happened in the first place.
In the problem topics, there was a link to the madcap script file "csh.js".
Once I removed that from the source then all the togglers worked.
(I still have to test my context sensitive help).

thanks.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne