TOC doesn't load in HTML5 output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Olanko
Propeller Head

TOC doesn't load in HTML5 output

Post by Olanko »

I came across the following problem and can't get rid of it.
I use Flare v.8.1.2, OS - Windows 7. When I generate HTML5 output (actually, the same story is with WebHelpPlus output) and try to view it on my local machine, the TOC/Index tabs (at the moment only those two are added) don't load. The startup topic is displayed, but there's no chance to open anything else as the TOC appears to be constantly loading.
HTML5OutputProblem.png
I preview the output in Mozilla Firefox, but it looks the same in IE9 and Chrome. The following error messages appear:

Error: TypeError: w is null
Source File: http://localhost:70/Acc2/Content/SkinSu ... dCapAll.js
Line: 1

Error: TypeError: m is null
Source File: http://localhost:70/Acc2/Content/SkinSu ... dCapAll.js
Line: 43

Our administrator configured IIS, ASP.NET and says that everything should be configured right, but still nothing works.

What should I check? What can be the reason for this?

Any help would be much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Olanko
Propeller Head

Re: TOC doesn't load in HTML5 output

Post by Olanko »

The issue is resolved.
I have ASP.NET v4 installed, and IIS7. It seems that due to the configuration of ASP.NET v4, the above-mentioned problem occurred because the Web.config file generated by Flare turned out to have a duplicate entry for the following code (in red):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
<section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
<section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
<section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
</sectionGroup></sectionGroup></sectionGroup></configSections><appSettings/>

In other words, the configuration of ASP.NETv4 already contained this code, and consequently, errors arose.
So after the duplicated part was deleted, everything started to work as expected.
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Re: TOC doesn't load in HTML5 output

Post by jbkalla »

One of our developers was able to fix this by changing one word in the .js file, in the output folder:

../html5/Resources/Scripts/MadCapAll.js

Search for ForceUseJS= and change false to true

That's it. If this was changed by default, there would be no problems using HTML5 output for any browsers, IE7+, FF3.5+, etc... This should at the very least be switchable in the properties, but it's not.