Text rectangle border

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
CATERAF
Sr. Propeller Head

Text rectangle border

Post by CATERAF »

Hi,

I am using the text rectangle tool and would like to just have the text with no background or rectangle border.
I made the background transparent and I set the 'line' width to 0.

It does make my background transparent but it won't remove the rectangle border..it leaves a thin 1px grey border.

This is the second time I have tried it and with no success either time (using different images, different days of use, etc).

Can anyone help please? :)

Thanks,
Avril
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Text rectangle border

Post by Nita Beck »

That thin gray border might just be in the editor so you can find that object and manipulate it. Do this test: print the image or place it into a file. Do you still see that gray rectangle? I'm guessing not.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
CATERAF
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by CATERAF »

Thanks Nita.
I think it was still showing when I put the image into Flare but unfortunately I now can't get it to replicate the issue. Very odd seeing as I've had it occur several times over the course of a month.
If it happens again I will try as you said :-)

Thanks,
Avril
servobot
Propeller Head

Post by servobot »

I see this artifact in my PDF targets, whether I set the border to zero pixels, or one pixel, color matched to the white background.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
servobot
Propeller Head

Post by servobot »

I figured it out.

The image background was transparent and transparency in any Capture element (text blocks, for example) seems to cause problems in Adobe Reader.

Under File Properties > Appearance, give the image a solid background and this ghostly line goes away.
RobDoupe
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RobDoupe »

I'm having this same issue. I tried the solid background fix, and still seeing grey lines around all text boxes. They don't appear in Capture or in the Flare editor, but they do appear in all printed output previews and PDF outputs.
riddles_three
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by riddles_three »

I realize this is a very old thread, but has anyone found a true fix for this issue?

I followed the suggested fix of changing the background to solid. I still have the thin, faint gray borders around text object in my PDF files.

So frustrating.

Thanks