Browser Settings for Microsoft CE 7

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
k8pierro
Jr. Propeller Head

Browser Settings for Microsoft CE 7

Post by k8pierro »

I am attempting to use the WebHelp Mobile output for a touch screen application that will run on CE 7, using the (limited) CE version of the IE 7.0 browser.

Right now, I can use the test files perfectly well on my installation of Windows Pro 7 and IE 9. When the developer tries to run them on the application platform, the main menu renders just fine, but there is no action when he taps the TOC.

suspect the problem is with his browser not allowing all the necessary scripts, etc. Besides Active X, exactly what settings must be enabled on the browser to get the files to work?

I know that this version of IE 7 does NOT have the option to enable third-party browser plug-ins, which was necessary to get my browser to run regular WebHelp without prompting to enable blocked content (and why we dumped that option). Is that setting needed for this output type, too?

Also, this Help file will run locally, not over a web connection. Is a server absolutely necessary, and if so, what?