Sometimes Capture doesn't capture whole window

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
GaryUK
Propeller Head

Sometimes Capture doesn't capture whole window

Post by GaryUK »

I'm having an intermittent problem capturing windows. Sometimes, the red frame does not surround the entire window I want to capture, and the resultant image reflects this. It cuts off some of the banner and some of the window border. Yet other times it's fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am using Windows 7 and Capture 6.0.2.

Gary
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Sometimes Capture doesn't capture whole window

Post by RamonS »

Which Windows version do you take the screen shots on and more importantly, which desktop theme do you use? Some of the themes have window decorations that extend over the actual frame. Windows reports the window size to Mimic, but not the actual size. That is the main reason why I make screen shots only with the 'classic' desktop theme. And since Win8 boxy with primitive look is the new black.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

... I'm just updating resources to Windows 8/ Office 2013, and I've got to say the screenshots in print versions of our resources look sensational...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
GaryUK
Propeller Head

Post by GaryUK »

That makes sense Ramon. Thanks. I am using the default Windows 7 transparent look theme. It's too late to do anything about it at this stage - I can still use the capture from clipboard option - I just thought it might be some setting I could change.