Publishing in Foreign Language creates character issues

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
carrier_andrew
Jr. Propeller Head

Publishing in Foreign Language creates character issues

Post by carrier_andrew »

I have one project which has both English and French topics. When use the publish option in Madcap it read the special characters é or à for example without an issue. However, when uploaded to the server the characters look more like é or Ã.

Is this something that can be fixed in Madcap? I tried adding <meta charset="utf-16" /> to the topic files in MadCap, but this is overwritten when MadCap builds the file. I then added it directly to the file after being generated and before uploading to the server, this fixed the issue. Yet, every time I make a change in MadCap and it is re-generated, MadCap overwrites the character set.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks
ecjoe
Propeller Head

Re: Publishing in Foreign Language creates character issues

Post by ecjoe »

Hi,

Did you ever find out what caused your issue?

I'm currently in the process of localizing one of our projects to various languages. I've successfully uploaded the German version of this project to a set of load balanced servers. As of yet, I have not observed any issues.

P.S. Make sure to avoid character entity references (e.g.,  ). Flare supports XML entites, but not character entity references. For more information, please refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XM ... references

Joe