Nothing showing up in HTML Help output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
scopley
Propeller Head

Nothing showing up in HTML Help output

Post by scopley »

I've very new to HTML help files as all of our documentation so far has been pdf, so bear with me.

I am trying to generate a chm file - I select my startup topic, master TOC, Master Stylesheet in the target editor.

I also have the box checked to "exclude content not linked directly or indirectly from the target" as I just want a few of the topics (those in my master TOC) in my project to be in the chm file.

When I build the file there are no errors but when I view the output there is simply nothing there. I can see the TOC in the navigation pane but the main window is just blank for every topic I select.

When I preview a topic as the HTML help target everything looks fine.

So... can anyone help me try to figure out what I've got going on here?

Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Nothing showing up in HTML Help output

Post by Nita Beck »

Where does the .chm file reside?

A .chm file is intended to be locally installed. If the .chm you're trying to view is not on your computer but instead is on a network drive, you won't be able to view its topics. This is a Microsoft-imposed security restriction.

If it does reside on a network drive, move it to your computer. Does it display correctly there?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
scopley
Propeller Head

Re: Nothing showing up in HTML Help output

Post by scopley »

Wow, thanks! That was it, I knew it had to be something silly like that.