Jarring jumps between frames

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
talentera
Jr. Propeller Head

Jarring jumps between frames

Post by talentera »

I am attempting to use Mimic as a means to offer interactive demos of our software product. So far (besides my previously mentioned save issue), it's gone quite well. One issue I have is that between frames the screens appear to jump a bit causing a very unprofessional look to the whole demo. What might be causing that?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Jarring jumps between frames

Post by RamonS »

The cause is most likely a delay between events happening and events firing and events being recognized by Windows as happening. Windows is usually plenty late which shows in various ways such as clicks happening after the background already changed. That is a major issue for any frame based screen recorder and it really is a Windows flaw.
Try taking plenty of frames manually (I don't recall what the hot key is for that). It is always easier to delete a frame than to squeeze one in. If that does not work look into the full motion recording, which basically adds a video sequence. After a while of tinkering around you might also find out which actions capture well and which do not. There may be opportunities to demo things differently to appease Mimic.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Jarring jumps between frames

Post by SteveS »

...seem to recall the hotkey is print screen...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.