inseting a video file

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
gerryfox
Jr. Propeller Head

inseting a video file

Post by gerryfox »

Can I insert a video into my movie much like inserting an image? and if so what file format can I import? Any help and tips on this would be awesome.

Gerry
gerryfox
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: inseting a video file

Post by gerryfox »

Just heard back from Madcap tech support and inserting video files is not a feature at this time, we are a bit dissapointed as this seems like it would be a logicle usable standard feature much the same as adding an image, except being a static image it would be dynamic. :(
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

I would imagine that you can, there's just no handy feature in Flare to let you insert them; but that doesn't stop you putting in standard (X)HTML code in your pages.

I'd guess using object/embed tags would do the trick.
The Flare editor may not display them (you might just see a grey box), but they should work in the output.

Flash SWF files should certainly work, if you can produce videos in that format.
JasonSTI
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by JasonSTI »

I think he wants to insert the movie file (avi, wmv, etc) as part of the Mimic file, so it would render as part of the SWF file. Not insert it into a Flare help project. I also wasn't aware that this was not possible, so I'll be submitting a request as well. Thanks for the heads up.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Cheers, mis-read that and though it was about Flare!
gerryfox
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by gerryfox »

Yes JasonSTI you are correct, send them a request for sure, I did and got the standard reply that is is under review for next release. Like I said earlier we were very dissapointed to find out this could not be done as it is such a simple and logical tool one would use all the time for many applications. It is really limiting us in our creativity for some of our projects. Hopefully they will consider this for the next release. :cry:

Cheers Gerrry