Capturing drop down listings

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
eholwell
Propeller Head

Capturing drop down listings

Post by eholwell »

I'm new to Mimic ... when I record a new movie, the drop down lists are not captured as part of the screen. What am I doing wrong?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Capturing drop down listings

Post by RamonS »

Probably nothing because Mimic should capture those, but it can only do so automatically when Windows fires the appropriate event at the right time and it may not do that. In that case I recommend pressing the manual capture hot key a few times to make sure you really got the menu captured. That is an issue I found in any other screen movie capturing tool that is frame based. There are some that capture AVI and they make several screen captures a second and thus don't miss a thing, but the result is a huge video file that doesn't lend itself well for editing (bubbles, markers, etc.). I know that hammering the key is annoying, but it will become second nature and ripping out the frames you don't need is easy enough to do.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

I also find that screen refresh can be out of sync with the event causing screen capture software to capture the wrong thing.

RamonS is right, use the manual capture key to get extra screen shots and delete the ones you don't need when editing the movie.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
eholwell
Propeller Head

Post by eholwell »

Thanks so much ... your tip worked a treat.